[Sca-cooks] cheese bread

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jun 17 10:25:28 PDT 2010

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> Are these shaped like roundish biscuits? Or like "cheese straws"? ie:
>> "pipes"?
>
> You've just read the recipe, you tell me. ;-)
>

> /Margaret

Let me point out that "pipe" can mean tubular, cylindrical, icicle, or frill
work depending on usage.  The original recipe language might provide a
further clue as to what is meant.

I would also say that this is probably baked and wouldn't read too much into
the "lay on dry flour."  It appears to me to be "work your dough on a
floured surface to keep it from sticking."

Bear