[Sca-cooks] More on Saba

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 09:09:05 PDT 2010

It's my understanding that the culinary purpose of Saba is it's unique flavor, rather like the use of verjuice, although the flavor is different. I'm not sure how to describe it as I could say it's "like" a few different things, but it wouldn't capture it. If you've never had an Italian dish flavored with Saba, I'd _highly_ recommend the experience. One of the Scappi recipes for greens was so delicious that even all the kids in camp hoovered it! You know it's good when you've got 4-12 year olds asking for more green veggies!

I haven't had a chance to peek at Eduardo's posting, but if he didn't post the link for last year's July Coronation dinner where there was at least one dish with Saba, here it is: http://www.vastrepast.net/Davids_Site/Old_Food/Entries/2009/7/22_July_Coronation_Dinner.html

In joyous service,
Raffaella
who's poking her head out from under a mountain of paperwork