[Sca-cooks] More on sapa/saba

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 11:10:09 PDT 2010

Color me green.  There really aren't any markets around here that carry that
wide a variety of stuff...there are a couple of Arabic markets up in Laurel
(about an hour and a half north of me) and probably some in Baltimore.
There are some Chinese/Japanese/Korean markets over in northern VA...but
that's about it!  I have yet to find verjus locally.

I did find a site online (through Amazon) that sells verjus at a reasonable
price...and, oddly enough, they have both white and red.  I used the red as
part of a marinade for lamb roasts for my Middle Eastern feast back in
February...and it was out of this world!

Kiri

--
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."