[Sca-cooks] More on sapa/saba

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 13:53:29 PDT 2010

Kiri asked:
<<< But I'm now
seeing that it is, rather, juice that has not been fermented...in other
words, it's been squeezed from the fruit, with all seeds, skins, pulp
removed.  Is that correct? >>>

That is now my interpretation, after the discussions here. :-)

<<< If so, then should I be able to take some
grapes, squeeze them, strain them then boil down the resulting juice to 1/3
of its original volume and produce sapa? >>>

Just use grapes other than Concord grapes.  This is specifically addressed in my new, improved, upcoming sapa-msg file. :-)

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com