[Sca-cooks] siege cooking ingredient ideas sought

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 10:05:52 PDT 2010

The format that I've seen Fiamma using lately and I've enjoyed the most out of all my years of playing with siege cooking is giving them a specific historical recipe, and letting them pick the ingredients needed (which you would have brought) and give them a couple of hours to cook it and bring it back. You can have two levels of dificulty, e.g. a more complex main dish and a sauce, and have the advanced entrants cook either the more complex, or both. I've also enjoyed that all the entrants come back with their entries and entry forms to be judged all together so they all get a chance to see & taste how others interpreted the same recipe, and get one vote for each catergory.

I think this helps teach them more about historical cooking, demistifies the redaction process and makes it  much easier from a judging standpoint.

So the long answer to a short question is that I love picking a recipe and letting that determine the needed ingredients. :)

In joyous service,
Raffaella