[Sca-cooks] Strawberry pudding was elderberries

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Jun 28 14:55:06 PDT 2010

An excellent suggestion.  I have just finished preparing the strawberry
pudding with fresh breadcrumbs (shredded very fine)  and sieving it before
finishing the dish by adding the spices and bringing the pudding back to a
boil..  The result is very smooth and thick.  It should set up nicely.

Bear

Consider experimenting with fresh vs. dry breadcrumbs
Euriol

Having added breadcrumbs and spices to strawberry mush while I cooked it (a
Rumpolt recipe, IIRC) I can say it will turn into a thick sauce or a
semi-solid pudding. To make a really smooth dish, the bread crumbs need to
be crushed very fine and the mass needs to be pushed through a fine sieve. I
haven't tried cooking it a little after the sieving, but it might produce a
stiffer pudding.

Bear