[Sca-cooks] Looking for help in Fla

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Jun 30 06:48:13 PDT 2010

It is my understanding (which may be incorrect) that there is a specific
waiver process  whereby the Prfesident may waive parts of the Act, but that
it requires a number of Boards and Commissions to affirm that such a waiver
does not affect their sections of the U.S. Code.  The law doesn't cause much
problem with deep water operations and the inshore clean up is probably best
handled by locals.

What concerns me is inshore containment methods (boom, etc.) do not appear
to have constant tending.  That and some of the reported problems with beach
cleaning, suggest to me that much of BP's effort is for show rather than
effect.  Hurricane season will add its own ugly dimension and we are likely
to see oil on Texas beaches.

I wonder if I can drill for oil on the lot in Ocean Springs, Mississippi?

Bear