[Sca-cooks] al-Bagdadi substitution question

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 14:23:57 PDT 2010

I find dates and figs to be completely different.  The tiny seeds in figs
really bother some people.  There are different kinds of dates and figs - do
you know which would have been period for the recipe and which would not or
are you assuming that a fig is a fig and a date is a date?  Just curious.