[Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Wed Jun 16 05:03:45 PDT 2010

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:14:35 -0500
From: Michael Gunter <dookgunthar at hotmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

So, what is your current foodie passion? SCA or otherwise?

I want to get my vegie garden going again this Spring. It has suffered the
last few years due to a sequence of bad weather, cats and pregnancy. I have
been, like many other people here it seems, getting into preserves and
things out of my garden. I have a lot of fruit trees, and a fairly new herb
garden. I recently made mint jelly, quince paste, basil oil, and verjuice.
Plus we've been getting into Indian cooking quite a bit...onion
bhajis....drool...
As for SCA stuff, I'm planning to do some teaching and cooking at a large
event later in the year, but not much on the immediate horizon. I've been
trying to work my way through Scully's translation of Scappi, but I'm
finding it hard going.

Angharad