[Sca-cooks] Coronation feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 20 22:53:55 PDT 2010

Ranvaig asked:
<<< A friend is bidding for Midrealm Coronation feast in the fall. I'd
like to make some suggestions about the menu.  What makes a
Coronation feast different from other feasts? What would you suggest? >>>

Uh, period or in the SCA?  :-)

Here's one of each:
p-Coronat-fst-art (22K) 3/26/01 The Coronation feast of Richard III.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/p-Coronat-fst-art.html

Coron-Fst-BP-art (31K) 1/26/01 Coronation feast based on 14C recipes by Baroness Minowara Kiritsubo (Kiri)
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Coron-Fst-BP-art.html

Probably doesn't give you the answer you are looking for, though. I suspect that what is done and how it is for SCA Coronation feasts differs greatly by region, kingdom and event.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com