[Sca-cooks] Non-dairy white sauce

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 16:30:29 PDT 2010

Respected friends:
--- On Sun, 6/20/10, otsisto <otsisto at socket.net> wrote:

> Milk substitutes are coconut, almond,
> soy, hemp, and rice.
>
> Butter substitutes are margerines (read labels as some
> contain a milk
> by-product for taste), coconut butter, and lard.
>
> Wheat flour substitute
> As was mentioned arrowroot, potato starch, rice flour,
> tapioca
     Actually, I already have these ingredients. The problem is combining any (or all) of them in a way that produces something that tastes like, if not real white sauce, at least food.
As I mentioned earlier, so far my best effort-- canola oil, soymik and corn starch-- produced quite acceptable library paste.

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS