[Sca-cooks] Non-dairy white sauce gluten free

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 20:45:37 PDT 2010

Respected friends:
--- On Tue, 6/22/10, yaini0625 at yahoo.com <yaini0625 at yahoo.com> wrote:
(snips)
> Can you have goat or camel milk? We
> have used goat yogurt as a substitute for sour cream and cow
> dairy.
Goat, no; sheep, yes, and I plan to use sheep milk yogurt as a buttermilk substitute soon.
Tell me where to find camel, reindeer, or yak milk (or butter, or cheese) and I'll try them, no question. Supposedly, reindeer milk is available canned in some parts of the world, and it's one of the best alternates for casein intolerance.

> There is a " butter" that is out of this world we use as a
> butter substitute. It is called Better than Butter and it is
> vegetable based. I was pleasantly surprised on the texture
> and flavor. It doesn't taste like regular margarine.
> Just my 2 cents
> Aelina
    Where do I get some?

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS