[Sca-cooks] elderberries

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Wed Jun 23 13:26:25 PDT 2010

elderberries/ flowers

reading the german, I first have to find out what my mail program means with
all the ? as the characters do not come out right. But that aside, zwieback
or at least dried white bread as used for breadcrumb in breading would be
what I understand here. This and the gingerbread is used as thickening
agent, if you cook that it would make a very thick spread.

btw a very tasty *modern or not so modern, if you search long enough* recipe
is to take the flowerheads with just opened flowers, do not wash but only
shake them very well to get rid of any crawlies, then make  a thin wine/beer
or water dough, dip them in the dough and fry in hot oil. serve dusted with
sugar or if you do not have a sweet tooth you can even serve it with salad.

Katharina

After vacation and a modem crashtrieng to catch up