[Sca-cooks] What to do with whey?

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 14:31:17 PDT 2010

>But, let me warn you - if anybody suggests you make lemonade out of it -
>run, as fast as you can in the other direction.  IMO this use is
>unacceptable and awful.  Because the mozerella is made adding citric acid to
>the milk the book said we could make "lemonade" out of the whey - I'm
>twitching just thinking about it.

I've drunk whey left from fresh cheese made with vinegar, and it was
drinkable.. not great but not awful either.   It does need to be
diluted.   Whey from lemon cheese is better, but still not lemonade.
Whey left from cheese made only with cultures would have lactic acid
as the sour, still an acquired taste, I suspect.

Ranvaig