[Sca-cooks] Pennsic queries....

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Jun 29 11:59:57 PDT 2010

On 6/29/2010 11:50 AM, Sam Wallace wrote:
> Another possibility is to use dry ice. As long as your cooler is not
> stored in someone's tent, this should work well. Also, a very large
> cooler might not be the best way to go. Opening coolers up repeatedly
> over the course of the day will cause their contents to heat up
> significantly faster than if left closed. Segregating each day's food
> into different coolers helps to mitigate this.
>
> Guillaume

I have to second the last. I keep meat in a separate cooler, and open it
only to retrieve what I have to. I've had things in the bottom stay
completely frozen, even on Sunday of a three-day weekend.

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore