[Sca-cooks] Insulin Resistance Diet

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 06:13:29 PDT 2010

To be honest, I think that diets work differently for different people.  For
me, cutting carbs is the ONLY thing that has ever worked.  I have tried
cutting calories, quantities and just about every thing you can think of.
One time, my (then)doctor insisted that anyone could lose weight by cutting
quantities.  I disagreed.  He put me on a 3 day diet of 8 oz of V8 every 4
hours, insisting that I would lose several pounds by the end of the 3 days.
When I went back, he was astounded to see that I had not lost an ounce!

So...whatever works.  Try different things and when you find something that
works, stick with it.

Kiri

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> On 5/31/2010 6:07 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:
>
>> To be honest, we tried Atkins some years back only to discover that we
>> gained all of our weight back plus some more when we went up to the next
>> level.  We have had more  luck both with weight loss and with keeping our
>> blood sugar at an acceptable level with South Beach...it was created with
>> diabetics, particularly Type 2, in mind.
>>
>> Kiri
>>

> I'm currently on the seven-word diet: Eat Food*, Not Too Much, Mostly
> Plants. (Michael Pollan) More a lifestyle change than a diet, per se. And
> the qualifier on Food is that it is as unprocessed as possible- would your
> great-grandmother recognize it as food? The weight is slowly going- lost
> five pound in April, and when I weighed myself last week, I'd dropped
> another 4. And I'm actually enjoying what I'm eating, which I can't say
> about most diets I've tried.
>
> Liutgard
>
> --
> "It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
> abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore
>
> ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: http://slugcrossings.blogspot.com/

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince