[Sca-cooks] Hampton Court Cooks

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 8 05:06:21 PDT 2010

Greetings!  If you haven't visited the Hampton Court cookery blog for a
while (or never!), you might want to visit it at
http://tudorcook.blogspot.com/ .  There have been numerous recent posts
and Richard has taken to using Twitter for short comments during the
days when the cooks are working in the kitchens.  You don't need to
subscribe to Twitter to read the comments; they are posted on the side
of the blog and often give links to photos which are posted on Twitter.

Right now Richard is doing a survey of who is visiting the site, so you
might want to add your data.  It's one question - When did you first
visit "Cooking the Books"?

Another interesting URL is
http://www.youtube.com/user/HistoricRoyalPalaces which provides videos
from all the venues.  There are relatively new ones on Hampton Court and
the Tower of London.  Many deal with Henry VIII since last year was the
500th anniversary of his coronation. You can see the titles if you click
on Uploads and select "See all".

I found the ones on the "Medieval Christmas at the Tower of London" and
"Tudor Christmas at Hampton Court" to be... interesting.  Reminded me of
a fancy demo!

Have fun looking at videos and remember to fill in the survey!

Alys Katharine
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com