[Sca-cooks] Opinion on book sought

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Tue Jun 22 14:22:44 PDT 2010

I just finished reading 'Food in Early Modern Europe' by Ken Abala.  I
found myself thinking that I wished that I had read this book back in
November when I decided to dip my toe in the 16th century cooking waters.
I'd imagine the book would be pretty basic to long time researchers, but I
would be interested in reactions from those who have read it.

I'd like to put it in my class bibliography as a good book for beginners
to read, but am also open to other suggestions about general books that
are not cookbooks that consider the renaissance era specifically.

Thanks,

Katherine