[Sca-cooks] Gulf Wars

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 13:23:49 PST 2010

>As luck would have it, I'll be able to attend Gulf Wars this year. I
>look forward to making the rounds to meet fellow cooking aficionados
>there. This will be my first GW, so I'm looking forward to the
>experience. I hear the on-site bakery is amazing.
>Cheers!
>Gwyneth B., Midrealm

This will also be my first Gulf Wars. As far as i can tell, i don't
know a soul in real life, although i know many from a wide range of
SCA... and even non SCA... e-mail lists.

I will be camping with al-Mahala, a Middle Eastern encampment that
offers classes.

It will take 34 hours of driving to get there. Baring unforeseen
situations, i plan to leave Thursday night or very early on Friday
and arrive Sunday around noon (that's approx. two days with 14 hours
of driving and one with about 7)
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
West Kingdom