[Sca-cooks] too cool sig line-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Mar 5 15:02:32 PST 2010

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo wrote:
> Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>> I bet Antonia never got a Wedgius Maximus in Latin class... that's
>> where the offender pulls your underwear up so high it can be draped
>> over the left arm and shoulder, down and across the right hip, and
>> back up again to the left shoulder... this requires a great deal of
>> proficiency, but it never happened to the cool kids.
>>

> I never did Latin 'til I was over 30, so no-one was too game to try it
> :-)
>
> uedgio
> uedgies
> uedgiet
> .
> .
> .

I didn't take Latin until I was... 35? My homework was good, because I
could use the book and my dictionaries and my flash cards and all that
to help me do it. But the exams were all based on rote memorization, and
I could not pass once to save my life. You could ask my kids- I had
posters and flash cards and little cards on a ring that I could flip
through while on the bus, etc.- but as soon as I closed the door to my
office or put the cards away, it all vanished. Saying that my Latin
skills are feeble is a laughable understatement. And it isn't because I
didn't try. Frankly for a medievalist, it is a career killer.

'Lainie, who limps by anyway

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore