[Sca-cooks] "period Nazis" in the Land of Lincoln (George Lincoln Rockwell Inclusive?)

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Tue Mar 16 19:26:37 PDT 2010

Maybe not so much an ax-to-grind, as a combination of new-ish (been
around long enough to pick up some urban legends) combined with the
"play party" mentality -- "who wants to think about accuracy, I'm
just here for a good time".  Although the "good-timers" can get
defensive!  Too bad the young man in charge of the University group
is also in the lackadaisical mind-set!

This kind of thing (reporter talking to whoever they meet first) is
why our locals here (An Tir, Adiantum) are totally paranoid about
ANYBODY talking to reporters except the PR pro's (chatelaines,
seneschals, I don't really know whose job it is at the moment, but
people are very emphatic about WHO talks, and it's supposed to be
people who are experienced).

Chimene