[Sca-cooks] Good News, BTW...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Mar 18 08:54:58 PDT 2010

Facilities are the cabin are a little limited.  I've got the capacity to
bake about four 1 pound loaves at a time and I don't have the space to set
up a small factory operation the way I do here in Oklahoma.  The timing of
the meal makes it difficult to do on-site and I have no idea about the
facilities.  I think farming it out in advance makes a lot of sense.

For 350, you'll need about 90 pounds of bread for a single serving,
assuming, of course you will be making Alexandrian bread.

As another form of grain, you might consider Apicius's fried wheat polenta
with honey.  It can be made several days in advance, shaped in loaf pans and
stored in the refrigerator or freezer.  Slice, fry and serve.

Let me cogitate on this, experiment a little, and get back to you.

Bear