[Sca-cooks] Irish Soda Bread

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:24:05 PDT 2010

My recipe did have a little butter along with the forbidden brown sugar and I used the yogurt to sour the milk.  What I got was an excellent moist rustic loaf.  I think my 75% English, Dutch or German, & whatever are having their say and my 25% Irish is quite happy with the results.  If I add fruit or zest or any other 'forbidden' ingredients, I will call it something else.

I also halved the recipe to great success.  A perfect little loaf.  Thanks for the info and I assume that the original, minimal ingredient loaf IS quite dry, so I will stick with the version I baked.

Katira