[Sca-cooks] Sixteenth Century Turkish

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 19:20:08 PDT 2010

Saluti!

I have been asked to cook a feast that is far out of my comfort zone
and range of knowledge. I am hoping that the good gentles here can
assist me in beginning my quest. Are there any period culinary sources
that are specifically 16th century Turkish?

I have Medieval Arab Cookery and the new Perry Translation of
al-Bagdadi and am familiar with the Anon Andalusian Cookbook - but my
understanding of the regions and what was what is so shaky as to be
non-existant.

If you could point me in the right direction, give me a place to
start, then I will be light years ahead of where I am now.

Great Thanks,

--
Serena da Riva