[Sca-cooks] Missing Artes Draconis

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 15:09:04 PST 2010

I apologize.  After I wrote this I went back and reread the BoD minutes that
I had received yesterday.  And yes, the statement was that sanctions that
had been imposed on both you and the editor had been lifted.

I said in my message that I know you and the others involved (though I do
not know the Chronicler or Editor) are honorable people and intended only an
homage to a magazine that we all recognize as a wonderful magazine. And,
given the tone of writing in the editorials that show up in Cooks
Illustrated, I would be very surprised if they had not enjoyed your work.

Again, please accept my apology!

Kiri

PS:  We ran into a similar situation with the article I wrote for the last
TI...I wanted to call it "The Compleat Anachronist Unwrapped" but it was
decided that it infringed on the name of the TV show.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Gaylin Walli <gaylinwalli at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I do know that BoD has chastised the parties involved to a point that
> they
> feel is sufficient.
>

> A correction, good mistress. We were not chastised by the BoD. We were
> sanctioned by the Society Chronicler, investigated by the BoD, and those
> sanctions were lifted by the BoD when they proved baseless and it was
> confirmed that no laws were broken.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Iasmin de Cordoba
> Guest Editor of the Aforementioned "Missing Issue"

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince