[Sca-cooks] Gulf Wars

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 01:13:28 PST 2010

It looks like we have found a ride to Gulf Wars, so I will be there
after all.

We found out several weeks ago that the transmission in our Honda mini-
van was going out and to rebuild it was going to be about $2400 at the
Honda dealer. Since I'm still unemployed, although there are a few
possibilities I'm hoping for, this was, and is, a problem. However,
the folks in the SCA seem to have come through again.  We even had one
baronial member offer to let us drive her vehicle, even though she was
going with someone else!!!

We will be camping with my barony. Usually we are across the street
from the Ansteorra gate, near the Barony of Axemoor. For various
reasons, we may or may not be in that area this year. We should be
there from Sunday morning on. I welcome anyone to come by and say
hello. That includes you, Urtatim. We're about halfway between Al-
Mahala and the Early Period Encampment.

My banner with my arms should be hanging on the outside of our
pavilion, which is a 17 x 17 ft. square, cream colored pavilion with
red dagging. My arms can be seen in the upper left hand corner of the
Florilegium website.

We will be eating with a group of friends in a food plan. It will
pretty much be modern food. But we are willing to trade off even
period food eaten by ourselves and cooked on our camp stove for the
joys of eating with a fun bunch of friends in a candle and lantern lit
tent. My lady, Alina, will be doing her regular "fly-by" breakfast as
she swings by on her daily early morning privy patrol, grabs a few
things for breakfast and takes off for the rest of the run.  She
usually racks up 60+ hours volunteering at GW.

I will be teaching my hands-on pewter casting class on Tuesday morning
from 10-12 for carving your soapstone molds and on Tuesday afternoon
from 2-4 to cast items in the molds you carved in the morning. I will
also be teaching the class on Thursday. Each class is limited to 15
students, so remember to sign up on Monday and Wednesday beforehand.

I will be teaching a classroom only class on the Florilegium on
Wednesday and Friday and I will be helping to run a panel discussion
on the SCA for newocmers on Wednesday. We're still looking for a few
more experience SCA folks to serve on the panel, either Peers or non-
Peers.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com