[Sca-cooks] Simeon Seth and Byzantine Cuisine

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Mar 16 12:05:53 PDT 2010

emilio szabo wrote:
> Wikipedia says that "The Syntagma is an important source for Byzantine cuisince and dietetics".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_Seth
>
> Comments?
>
> E.

I just picked up an ILL from Fordham:

Melitta Weiss Adamson, _Medieval Dietetics: Food and Drink in /Regimen
Sanitatis/ Literature from 800 to 1400_ (Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main,
1995)

The _Syntagma_ gets a fair amount of airplay- I would guess at least
that Adamson at the least finds it to be important. (I just picked up
the book yesterday so I have only browsed so far, but it looks to be
really good.)

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore