[Sca-cooks] Here we go again- that old rotten meat myth

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 12:55:16 PDT 2010

I did the same, my comment is still being held up for moderation.

My comment is:
"And here I was hoping that the complete falicy that they ever served rotten meat at feasts was finally going away…

Not. Helping. They never did this. Rotten meat makes people sick, they were intelligent enough to know this, and know how to preserve meat, or know enough to keep the animal alive until the meat was needed.

Spices were by far more expensive than meat, and would not have been used in excess to cover up the flavor of tainted meat. There were laws in place that punished people for even selling day old pies, much less rotten foodstuffs."

In joyous service,
Raffaella