[Sca-cooks] Here we go again- that old rotten meat myth

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Mar 17 15:11:36 PDT 2010

> In my experience Universtity based groups often have fluctuating
> membership as it logically will ebb and flow as new students come and go.
> As a result they are often part of a bigger group but you rarely find
> members attending the college in once place for 10-20 years as they will
> often graduate or move on to the next level of their academic career
> elsewhere. That's not to say the it in anyway means that the group is set
> upon be meanie heads bent upon historical food poisoning, it's just the
> nature of that type of group.
>
> In joyous service,
> Raffaella

I've seen two models that provide continuity for university groups.  The
first is affiliation with a permanent group in the broader community.  The
second is a permanent core group consisting of university staff and
instructors, who have a far lower turn-over rate than students and can act a
sponsors.

Bear