[Sca-cooks] Can I...

Kate Wood malkin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 15:21:15 PDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM, deanie schickler <deanies1969 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have a question:
> Can I remove the meat from a recipe to make it vegan friendly?
> I have an event where I'm head cook & wanted to know as there are vegans & vegetarians...
> please advise.
> thanks,
> Lady Marie d'Andelys

What else is in the recipe? To make something vegan-friendly, it needs to have -
- No meat
- No dairy (yogurt, cheese, milk, butter)
- No honey
- No eggs
- No fish
- No animal-based gelatin (you can use agar agar as a substitute)

Some vegans also do not eat regular white sugar (processed with bone
char), yeast, and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. As can
you see, some recipes will be much easier to make vegan-friendly than
others!

Kate