[Sca-cooks] honey bees

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 24 10:37:42 PDT 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 11:53 AM, devra at aol.com wrote:

> Stefan asked what the honey bees in NYC were going to feed on.  Aside from the million trees and the two major botanical gardens (1 in Brooklyn and 1 in the Bronx)

To say nothing of the smaller Botanical Garden in Queens, along with at least one official working farm and the one that provides support services for the Queens Zoo...

> there are thousands of private homes with flower gardens, dozens of large and small public parks, and all the roadsides that have clover, etc etc.
>
> It's not all concrete, y'know.
>
> Devra

No, no, no, it IS all concrete. And there are no cattails!

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter