[Sca-cooks] Donations Earthquake Chie

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 11:21:04 PDT 2010

Selen wrote:
> You are a good human!  Is there a specific charity or web site you can
> recommend for aid to Chile specifically?

You are very kind. Anyone who has seen of the devastating consequences
of earthquakes has to be moved. A friend of mine is married to a
helicopter pilot who has spent the three weeks flying to the worst hit
areas taking supplies, technicians, politicians and the press.  His
photos are being published all over Santiago. They are so moving. It's
like egad how can my neighbor stand going through this day after day. He
is not on utub but this is:
ytube zafrada english at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwxjA7ong1Q
As for donations you have on internet
- Caritas on line at www.caritas.org.au
Sounds odd it is Australia but we think this organization will donate
your contribution to Chile and not to the sand storm in Toyko or
something like that. As World Vision and AmeriCares put all their money
into a pot there is no telling where it is going to go.
- the International Response Fund (Red Cross) but I would call them
first at 1-800 RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to make sure your donation
will go to the place of your choice.
My cardiovascular surgeon who gave me a prosthesis in my aorta, a bypass
between in artery between my two legs and a stenting in one of my
kidneys (smokers be ware) canceled all his appointments the first week
of March because my neighbor and other helicopter pilots were flying in
critical earthquake victims as hospital facilities in their areas were
limping for the destructions. His clinic las Condes is an associate of
Johns Hopkins. To say the least all are impressed by their modern
techniques. Although  butis patients are in excellent hands, they are
hospitalized alone. Their families cannot afford to come here. How will
their hospital fees be paid? How will they get 'home' again to a house
that has fallen on top of him and his family?
All of us in Chile thank you for any donation. We are going through a
phase that is hard to stomach.
Suey