[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 48, Issue 54

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Sat May 1 04:39:14 PDT 2010

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:32:48 -0400
From: Elaine Koogler <kiridono at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Slimy was Re: Seljuk/Rumi/Sufi Cuisine

<snip>

With food, it is a textural thing.  Slimy was the best word I could come up
with to describe it.  When a food has the texture I describe, I have trouble
even putting it into my mouth.  Yes I know...it's totally illogical...just
as my perception, proven false repeatedly, that snakes are slimy.  I'm also
afraid of deep water.  Also illogical.  But there you go.  I'm sure a
psychiatrist would have a field day with all of this...but, you know...there

__________________________________
Heads are funny things. For a while in my twenties I could not stand at the
kerb to cross the road without having a paranoid fear that when I stepped
off I was going to trip over and fall on my face. This has never actually
happened to me, nor have I seen anyone else do it.

The closest thing to a wierd food thing I have is seeds - I hate those
crunchy little seeds you get in raspberries, blackberries etc to the point
where it puts me off things where the seeds are not crunchy, like eggplant.

Which is strange because I actually really like crunchy things generally
speaking.

Angharad