[Sca-cooks] Okra vs filet

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 09:42:21 PDT 2010

Filet tastes much like licorice, but not as powerful. It is also used to thicken soups with. Generally, you use either okra OR filet, not both. BUT, there are exceptions. I, PERSONALLY, prefer to thicken with okra that has been fried to escape the slimy texture, and then have filet on the table so everyone can add according to their own tastes.
BB
YIS
Lothar