[Sca-cooks] Cutting capons into 7ths, Chicken Ambrosino from Libro di cucina

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 12:38:34 PDT 2010

That's a very good point, I hadn't thought of that possible translation issue. I know we have unskinned almonds at home and I'll be getting whole skinned ones. I may make a small bowl of almond milk with each and document if there are any color or flavor variations as a result. As the solids are removed, there may not be much if any change between the two.

I'm also still pondering what type of vinegar to use. I usually make this  for dinner with balsamic, but I'm not sure that would be the most accurate choice. The end descriptions says it "should be sharp and sweet and red in color" so perhaps I'll try red wine vinegar in addition to the coloration that will come from the spices used- both those listed individually and the "sweet and strong spices" which I take to mean one of the spice mixes from this same source that I've been making for largess.

Many thanks for being an amazing  resource and support.

In joyous service,
Raffaella