[Sca-cooks] DIETS FOR THE 30 YEAR OLDS

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Sat May 29 18:28:03 PDT 2010

What makes him think he is "over producing sugar"?
Did he have tests done to determine this?

It sounds like his diet is almost similar to the first phase of the Adkin's
diet.
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/atkinsdiet/p/atkins1.htm

"Apple-shaped people seem to have a greater chance of having heart attacks
and developing hardening of the arteries, high blood pressure and diabetes,
whereas pear-shaped people seem to have a lower risk of developing these
conditions."
from
http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/weight.html

If he has high blood sugar levels, cinnamon and chromium have been known to
help lower the levels. In take of low glycemic foods because they digest
slower, doesn't spike the blood sugar level.

A few food items that lower sugar levels:
Cashew, Brazil nuts, pecans, macadamia, almonds, walnuts and peanuts.
Avocado, cherries, lemons.
Sweet potato, onions, garlic.
Flax seed, barley.
Some folks have said but I have not confirmed, green tea lowers blood sugar
levels.
Exercise is known to lower sugar levels even when it is just a 15 minute
walk.

If his weight is concentrated in the torso area, then he is apple shaped. If
the weight is concentrated below the waistline, then he is pear shaped.

Note: I am not a Doctor, nor a nutritionist.

De