[Sca-cooks] Insulin Resistance Diet

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon May 31 21:12:47 PDT 2010

On 5/31/2010 6:07 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:
> To be honest, we tried Atkins some years back only to discover that we
> gained all of our weight back plus some more when we went up to the next
> level.  We have had more  luck both with weight loss and with keeping our
> blood sugar at an acceptable level with South Beach...it was created with
> diabetics, particularly Type 2, in mind.
>
> Kiri

I'm currently on the seven-word diet: Eat Food*, Not Too Much, Mostly
Plants. (Michael Pollan) More a lifestyle change than a diet, per se.
And the qualifier on Food is that it is as unprocessed as possible-
would your great-grandmother recognize it as food? The weight is slowly
going- lost five pound in April, and when I weighed myself last week,
I'd dropped another 4. And I'm actually enjoying what I'm eating, which
I can't say about most diets I've tried.

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore