[Sca-cooks] what the Franks were eating

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun May 2 15:59:06 PDT 2010

> Liutgard,
>

> Here is the Capitulare de villis in Latin, if it is of interest:
>
> http://diglib.hab.de/mss/254-helmst/start.htm
>
> This is a parallel transcription and translation:
>
> http://www.le.ac.uk/hi/polyptyques/capitulare/latin2english.html

Oooh! I hadn't found that one! That's awesome!

> In general, the whole site is wonderful, having other Carolingian
> Polyptyques, just as nicely laid out.
>
> http://www.le.ac.uk/hi/polyptyques/index.html

Very useful...

> And this is another transcription of the original, though formatting
> was not kept. It does have a very interesting illustration, though.
>
> http://www.hs-augsburg.de/~harsch/Chronologia/Lspost08/CarolusMagnus/kar_vill.html

The illustration is 9th c, IIRC, an agricultural calendar. The original
is in the Osterreichische Nationalbibliothek in Vienna

> I hope this is of use,
>
> Guillaume

Very much so! Thank you!

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore