[Sca-cooks] Mountain Oysters was Re: Okra

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon May 3 05:49:29 PDT 2010

Hmmm, I've only heard the term "mountain oysters" used in relation to cattle
rather than hogs, although the term might easily be applied to any land
mammal.  In Oklahoma, the term applied is calf fries or lamb fries for
breaded and fried testicles.  Haven't heard of any hog fries yet, but
industrial swine production is only about a decade old and is concentrated
out in the Panhandle (last I checked).

Bear