[Sca-cooks] Oysters

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon May 3 09:21:00 PDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 5:48 AM, Linda Larson wrote:

> If you butcher a rooster yourself, you will find his testicles inside the cavity near the backbone towards his hind end. They do not descend the way that mammals' do.  As for whether they are commercially available, I would doubt it.  I wonder if you could get a butcher to save them for you?  They are not very big, so you would probably need quite a few if you are experimenting.  I've never tried them.
>
> Lidia Allen

Calvin Schwabe reports in "Unmentionable Cuisine" that some chicken (and, I think he says, turkey) packers ship frozen packs of testicles from poultry...

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter