[Sca-cooks] Franks and eating

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon May 3 18:46:01 PDT 2010

Or there's this from the Roadfood Newsletter: May 3, 2010

	"It was a week of wieners around here, some of it planned, some
spontaneous. The fun began Tuesday when we were recording our segment
of "The Splendid Table" with Lynne Rossetto Kasper and we started
talking about the Polish boy, Cleveland's unique barbecue specialty.
It's a kielbasa in a bun topped with barbecue sauce (and maybe also
some pulled pork), French fries and cole slaw. Both Lynne and Jane
rolled their eyes when I started to rhapsodize about it – for some
strange reason, they believe I am obsessed with hot dogs. I tried to
point out that a hot dog and a kielbasa, while both members of the
tube steak family, are two very different critters. Lynne suggested
with a wink that I obtain a Phd in hot dogs. Does anybody know if Mark
Reitman of Hot Dog U. has a doctoral program?
One day after the Polish boy discussion, I set off with Katherine
Curry to supply extra appetite in her quest for the Lower Hudson
Valley's best chili dogs and ice cream –
	Our first stop was in Tarrytown at a jolly little storefront called
Lubins-N-Links (www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Review/7081-7672/lubinsnlinks)
."

Johnnae