[Sca-cooks] Okra vs filet

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 3 23:14:09 PDT 2010

Talana commented:
<<< File (with an accent on the e) is made of ground sassafrass leaves.
 Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the root and/or bark used in root beer? >>>

I believe that that is correct. I had a good link or article submitted to the Florilegium on this, but since it was both New World and post-period, I didn't end up using it.

I could probably dig it up if anyone asked, but there is probably lots of other info online about making root beer out of sassafrass.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com