[Sca-cooks] shrimp

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue May 4 03:04:11 PDT 2010

I'll never forget the time I ordered Lobster Cantonese from a Chinese
restaurant.  The chef had not even cracked the shells on the critter before
dumping a thick sauce on it...by the time I managed to finish the dish, I
had sauce all over me, the booth, the table, my husband and me!
Unfortunately this was my former husband who had absolutely no sympathy with
my plight and, in truth, was embarrassed because I had made such a mess.
The good news: my present husband would not only have understood but would
have helped me get into the lobster...

Kiri

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com>wrote:

> Audrey answered me about whole fried, soft? shrimp with:
>> <<< The shell adds crunch, and the head has a very nice texture, softer
>> and richer, than the tails. You eat the whole thing (freaks us
>> North-Americans out, but they're really good this way).>>>
>>

> The local Chinese buffet has crabs fried in breading and a sticky garlic
> sauce over that.  I don't think anyone could eat the crab shells, but I've
> never figured out a good way to eat the meat from them.
>
> Ranvaig

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince