[Sca-cooks] Fw: Polish recipe collection

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue May 4 13:08:44 PDT 2010

Ok, where to start and I'll probably repeat information that your
apprentice sister
Annaka already has (but maybe Stefan will need it for his files)

There's a 1682 listed as being in Latin. I don't suppose that's much
more help
than the editions in Polish.
There are 1999 and 2002 editions titled
Compendium ferculorum albo Zebranie potraw

1999 seems to be:
Title  Compendium ferculorum albo Zebranie potraw
Issue 24 of Biblioteka Tradycji Literackich
AuthorStanisław Czerniecki
Compiled byWacław Walecki, Łukasz WinczuraPublisherCollegium
Columbinum, 1999ISBN8387553131, 9788387553135
96 pages

2002 carries this note:
Układ typograficzny wzorowano na najstarszym wydaniu pierwszej
polskiej książki kucharskiej z 1682 r. wg egz. ze zbiorów Muzeum im.
Przypkowskich w Jędrzejowie. Description: [8], 95, [9] s. ; 22 cm +
Stanisław Czerniecki i jego dzieło "Compendium ferculorum albo
Zebranie potraw..." / Jan Główka (22 s.). Other Titles: Zebranie
potraw Responsibility: [wg projektu i pod kierunkiem Elżbiety
Chodkiewicz-Przypkowskiej ; transkr. tekstu dokonał Jan Główka].

There's also this Polish language book by Maria Dembińska that
mentions this 1682 book.
Szkice z dziejów materialnego bytowania spo·leczeństwa polskiego

Author:	Maria Dembińska
Publisher:	Wroc·law u.a. Ossolineum 1989
Studia i materia·ly z historii kultury materialnej, 61

It's at a number of libraries including Michigan.

I can't locate any translations other than the Latin one. No PhD
dissertations either.

Sorry

Johnnae, playing librarian

snipped looking for a translation