[Sca-cooks] History of Honey and Bee Keeping

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Wed May 12 12:22:59 PDT 2010

This book has provided me with many recent hours of fascination.  It is a
lengthy farm/husbandry manual with medical information as well.  There are
instructions for bee-keeping starting on page 308 of the downloadable pdf.
 Now that I know you are looking for information, I'll keep my eyes open
for beekeeping info in my short-attention-span-theater peregrinations.

Details from the Bavarian State Library:

Crescentiis, Petrus de: Von dem nutz der ding die in äckeren gebuwt
werden, Straßburg, 1518 [VD16 P 1835]
http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/bsb00029610/image_1

The specific pages:
http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/bsb00029610/image_307
http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/bsb00029610/image_308
http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/bsb00029610/image_309

Also if Eduardo is scanning, vinegar making is on pages 116-117
http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/bsb00029610/image_115
http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/bsb00029610/image_116

For others, there are lists of vegetables, fruits, grains and how to
plant, care for them and harvest information.  So far as I have looked
(and that's not very far) there is also a 1512 version with some different
woodcuts.

Katherine