[Sca-cooks] Somewhat urgent

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri May 14 12:48:54 PDT 2010

>http://herooftheage.livejournal.com/369303.html
>(Marian Walke, R.I.P.)
>
>I had the pleasure of emailing several times with her last year when
>we finally put her mother's (Barbara Blatt Rubin) translation of
>John of Garlande's Dictionarius on the web:
>

>http://www.uni-giessen.de/gloning/at/john-de-garlande_1981-rubin_dictionarius.pdf
>

>E.

Those whose memories reach far enough back may recall the Sated
Tyger, which I think was the only successful attempt at a period
technology cook shop (except for the concealed refrigerators) in the
history of Pennsic. Later there was Battlefield Bakery.

And for the past thirty-some years I have spent every New Years at
Marion's party in Boston at the Buttery. She was a wonderful lady and
will be missed.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com