[Sca-cooks] Okra

Jamie Griffin jamieg818 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 05:25:40 PDT 2010

Okra has a distinct flavor (and yes a distinct texture whether raw, pickeled, boiled or fried).  It is the ingriedent that turns a cajun/creole soup or stew into Gumbo.  On a different note... the "mountain oysters" that are considered a delicacy for the "refined" pallet in the US that I haven't seen mentioned are horse testicles.(I always thought that "mountain oysters" reffered only to hog testicles only, just shows how regional language usage effects us.)
 Lady Lie du Bosc
Chatelaine for the
Shire of Thorngill
Kingdom of Meridies
Forever a child of the Barony of Sun Dragon
Azure, a cross countercompony argent and sable between four trees couped argent.
334-285-6768
mka Jamie Griffin
Life IS a rose garden!