[Sca-cooks] Fw: Polish recipe collection I am looking for

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 11:15:47 PDT 2010

Greetings,
    My apprentice sister has a Polish persona and has been trying for a few years to track down a source mention in several of her "traditional Polish food" cookbooks, but hasn't yet found a translation. There is a lovely replica version available, but she currently feels a bit daunted at the prospect of translating the whole source so any translations, partial or whole would be greatly appreciate.

It's Compendium Ferculorum by Stanislaw Czerniecki, published in 1682.

I have also passed to her the other source recently mentioned here, Food and Drink in Medieval Poland: Rediscovering a Cuisine of the Past, and she will be looking to that as well, but is really hoping to track down the Compendium Ferculorum.

In joyous service,
Raffaella
P.S. You can find a lovely leather bound copy of this here, but it dosen't seem to be a translation:
http://www.kurtiak-ley.com/artist_books/compendium_ferculorum/
An online version (still in polish) is also available here:
http://www.wbc.poznan.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=66766