[Sca-cooks] Speaking of ice cream

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat May 15 08:55:12 PDT 2010

Angus and I stopped for dessert after a performance at the Carlisle Theatre in Carlisle PA last night.  They have a new cafe right next door called "The Green Room".

They had some interesting offerings.  Chocolate sourdough cake with a topping of goat yogurt and fresh raspberries.  Ricotta cakes with raspberry on the bottom (they must have gotten a good deal on fresh raspberries).  And three kinds of homemade ice cream - vanilla, mint chocolate chip, and "lemon three spice", as well as fresh raspberry sorbet.

We got the raspberry sorbet - which was excellent - and the lemon three spice ice cream.  Boy, was that fantastic.  A vanilla base with lemon zest, cardamom, mace, and allspice.  Just layers of flavor.  The first bite was almost overwhelming but it sort of settled down.  I eventually discovered that half a spoon of the sorbet with half a spooon of the lemon three spice was perfection :-)

Brangwayna Morgan