[Sca-cooks] Mustard Roundtable at Pennsic

Drucilla Meany-Herbert bookshop at charter.net
Wed May 19 07:43:38 PDT 2010

I just recieved notification that I will be hosting Mustards Roundtable
101 on Monday August 9th at 6 pm in AS 14 at Pennsic :)
This will be the first time I have hosted (wouldn't presume to teach,
since there are a number of fine and experienced mustard makers) a class.

Basically I will be bringing some mustards and hoping to share
information and mustard samples. I am hoping that other people
interested in the art of mustardmaking will bring samples of their own
endeavors or food to help with the sampling. Anyone wanting to help with
the hosting is welcome! Suggestions are also welcome.

I made 8 quarts of mustard - 4 or which I will bring to this. Not sure
how many folks will bring examples so want to make sure this is covered.
Going to try out some more mustards that I haven't made before just for
the heck of it and offer them as well.

One mustard that intriques me are Tewksbury Mustard Balls..might also
look for period mustards from other lands that I haven't made.

So far I have done New England Maple Syrup, Cranberry Honey Mustard,
German Horseradish, and Red or Violet mustard. Only one of these is
documented period altho the others I probably (and will) check to see
how early they were or could have been made.

Gwyneth